A Quick-Turn Project Led to Hundreds of Thousands in Installation Savings for ExxonMobil
THE BIG PICTURE
APP ProTek Wear Pads delivered
timeline for delivery
Hundreds of thousands
saved on installation costs
|PRODUCT||APP ProTek Wear Pads and ProTek Pipe Shoes|
- The unit producing ultra-low-sulphur diesel for non-road use had a quick-turn expansion timeline due to rapidly increasing demand.
- APP’s products were chosen by both ExxonMobil and Jacobs Engineering as the sole source for composite pipe supports on the project.
- APP performed on-site installation training for the multiple contractors involved throughout the project’s timeline.
NRD DEMANDS WERE RISING. EXXONMOBIL’S PROECT QUICK-TURN PROJECT TIMELINE WAS DESIGNED TO MEET THEM.
A boom in NRD demand led to an extremely fast timeline for ExxonMobil’s NRD unit expansion. And where there’s speed, there’s a need for planning and careful execution. ExxonMobil tapped APP for the project after a miscommunication with a contractor landed them with FRP wear pads — not the APP product they had originally specified. In order to meet the growing NRD demand, ExxonMobil reached out to APP to get the right products in place — fast.
THE APP ANSWER
APP delivered 5,000+ ProTek Wear Pads in the space of three weeks, helping ExxonMobil meet their strict project timeline. APP also assisted in the removal of the incorrect (and incorrectly installed) wear pads, 500 of which had already been installed. In addition, APP:
- Performed all installation training with ExxonMobil contractors.
- Defined a quality control process for proper installation.
- Helped ExxonMobil save hundreds of thousands of dollars in installation costs.